Braden Perry Discusses Blockchain in the Cannabis Industry with Disruptor Daily.
Kennyhertz Perry Attorney Braden Perry was recently featured in a Disruptor Daily article discussing benefits of Blockchain in the cannabis industry. Mr. Perry was one of six experts to discuss the emerging technology.
“Most marijuana companies would benefit from some aspect of blockchain technology, from the supply of products, fair pricing, efficient supply and improved product tracking. It will also enable marijuana producers to do real-time management of their production and storage,” Perry said.
As more states enact cannabis legislation, the technology will only increase.
“From seed procurement to harvest to sale can be recorded on a blockchain, which assists producers and consumers in quantifying, monitoring, and controlling the agriculture process,” he said.
To view the entire article please visit Disruptor Daily.
About Kennyhertz Perry’s Medical Marijuana Practice Group
Medical marijuana is a field unlike any other. Although legal for medical purposes in a majority of states, including Missouri, marijuana remains federally illegal. This creates unique challenges both for medical marijuana businesses and other businesses seeking to capitalize on the so-called “green rush.” We stay on top of the latest regulatory developments and best practices in other jurisdictions, helping our clients to minimize regulatory and legal risk in this rapidly-changing field. We advise businesses in the following areas:
· Applications for medical marijuana cultivation, dispensary, and manufacturing licenses;
· Providing financial services to marijuana-related businesses;
· Marijuana-related business entity formation;
· Shareholder, founder, and operating agreements;
· Negotiating partnerships with companies with experience in legal marijuana markets;
· Capital raises and startup funding;
· Onboarding of employees and employment agreements;
· Employee training and employment handbooks;
· Non-disclosure, non-competition, and non-circumvention agreements;
· Mergers and acquisitions;
· Regulatory compliance; and
· Intellectual property issues specific to marijuana-related businesses.
Medical marijuana is one of the most complex and highly regulated fields that there is. We take these complex regulatory schemes and provide our clients with understandable, actionable advice. Allow us to worry about the red tape so you can worry about running your business.
To learn more about Kennyhertz Perry, LLC, please visit kennyhertzperry.com.
*The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.